Pages

Spanish mixed paella

First time I tried paella during my first visit to Spain ( I think I was 14)! And I fell in love with this dish! I remember there was a  little seashore family restaurant. The food there was so good, that my mom and I couldn't stop eating ....  Paella was the dish I ordered almost every night!

Paella (Valencian: [paˈeʎa], Spanish: [paˈeʎa]) is a Valencian rice dish that originated in its modern form in the mid-19th century near lake Albufera, a lagoon in Valencia, on the east coast of Spain.[1] Many non-Spaniards view paella as Spain's national dish, but most Spaniards consider it to be a regional Valencian dish. Valencians, in turn, regard paella as one of their identifying symbols.

So, this is my recipe of making this amazing dish!

Ingredients:

  • 2 Italian sausages, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 2 onions, peeled and chopped
  • 4 whole cloves garlic, peeled
  • 28 ounces can whole tomatoes
  • 2 cups Arborio rice
  • 3 cups chicken stock
  • 1 cup of your favorite red or white wine
  • 1/4 t spoon saffron
  • 1 spring fresh rosemary
  • 1 red pepper, seeds removed and chopped
  • 1 pound of shrimp or 1 pack of seafood mix
Heat a large deep pan or traditional paella pan. Add a splash of oil and begin to brown the sausages. Once they have browned set them aside on a plate. Add the onions to the hot pan and a small splash of oil, sauté until golden. Add the garlic and stir for a few moments. Add tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon.

Add rice, stock, wine, rosemary, saffron, the reserved meat and the shrimp.

Bring to a simmer and cook over medium heat until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender, about thirty minutes.

That's it! Pretty easy, eh?

From Mila's recipes

No comments:

Яндекс.Метрика